Rock anchors are either high strength bars or strand drilled and grouted into bedrock and/or soil in order to resist forces. Structures need anchors to counteract the uplift and other forces acting on foundations.
SDI’s economical ground anchor systems have been used with exceptional results to:
- Prevent uplift and overturning forces of walls, towers, and conveyors
- Permanently stabilize buildings, dams, and bridges
- Provide landslide control
Customers rely on our field experts for design assistance, anchor selection and geotechnical construction that meets -- and exceeds -- recommendations set by the Post Tensioning Institute (PTI) for prestressed rock and soil anchors.
- Capacities up to 500 Tons (1,000 kips)
- Both bar and strand anchor materials available
- Temporary and permanent applications include multiple corrosion protection for permanent anchors
- Installed in all types of soil, over burden and rock conditions at any inclination
- Steep embankment and high reach / extended elevation drilling
To ensure optimum performance, SDI conducts performance and proof testing on individual anchors using calibrated test jacks, gauges and load cells.
The depth of our knowledge in geotechnical construction, together with the most advanced equipment, translates to successful specialty reinforcement system installation throughout North America.